Saturday, June 30, 2012

Thank You Card



As I haven't been creating gift cards for very long; a very dear friend of ours sent me a nice sentiment the other day and filled it with some of her favorite recipes. Like handmade gifts, receiving sweet letters in the mail is also a rarity, so I decided to respond with a handmade Thank You card. This is what I came up with in a bit of a hurry, but I think she will appreciated it none the less.

Sorry, as I am my own worse critic, I had to take the photo of the card off because it just was pretty generic after looking back at it.

All I had in my stash was some brown paper card stock and some watercolor stock. I used the watercolor stock. The paper is from 7gypsies. I tea dyed the muslin and stamped Thank You from Stampabilities with Jim Holtz, Vintage Photo ink. I chose to stitch around the muslin and attach a small pale sea foam vintage button with a larger unusual pearl  button dangling, for a bit of textural effect. The velum strip didn't want to lay flat so I tacked a small snap between "for your" and "kindness". (It helped, but I will use brads next time). The medallion was done the old fashioned way and attached to it is just a small (source unknown) jute bow. 


This was a fun little project and now with all the future projects jumping around in my head and the gift giving plans, I need to get down to the craft room and ORGANIZE. I have sewing stuff in my laundry room and have been using the kitchen table as of late for those still un-finished cushions, so I am really anxious to get it all more unified.

God bless you day!

No comments:

Post a Comment