Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Today's Plate

Loyalty to blogging is my plan! Here it is another day and I can't believe how suddenly there is so many topics popping into my head during the day and I want to hurry up and blog about them. It didn't happen though, that I could actually stop and run upstairs to the computer. But because the day was so full of needed tasks I can proudly say I'm pleased to accomplish all that I did.

I have begun a few much needed projects around my home that I have wanted to for quite some time and couldn't because of work. I am no longer working outside of the home full time so am striving to make progress. First on the long agenda list is re-covering my couch cushions.
  
The Reason

It took several trips back and forth on several different occasions to both Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's before finding affordable upholstery fabric. $8.00 per yard in comparison to $35.00 per yard is a huge bargain for me. The fabric was an end roll and discontinued but it is real close to what I was looking for. The colors of gray, black, browns, tans woven throughout have the same tones as our rock fireplace so I think with some accents of coral pillows and wall decor will brighten up our family room!
Color Choices


   
This morning I got all the pieces cut out and some sewn and/or pinned together. This pleases me immensely! I chuckle to myself as I hear the woman's voice at a local upholster shop tell me that they charge $35.00 per cushion! I wanted to choke. That would have been $280. before tax and before fabric. People obviously walk in there and pay that amount without even blinking because it is a well established business and they do a wonderful job. I however, am a DIY er and actually enjoy homemaking anyway, so being thrifty also fits right into my lifestyle.
In Progress, "Yay"!!


That leads me to one of those thoughts that I wanted to rush up and blog about. I filled my day with everything for my family and home. Fixed three meals, played with the dog, went for a power walk with hubby, checked on the garden, put clean sheets on the bed, took a shower, and before I knew it I'm squeezing in a few minutes of blog time before I put my head on my pillow and zonk out. I know how dirty my house gets with just three grown adults and an occasional grandchild. I can't help but wonder what so many people do these days to keep a decent house running when they are constantly on the go. I know some who hire others to clean for them and I know those who just live in filth. I actually enjoy cleaning my home because I want it to be both healthy and comfortable.

I would like to hear what your comments on the delema of finding time to clean your home. Is there a method that works for you? A system?

No comments:

Post a Comment