Sunday, October 19, 2014

The Organic Me

Okay, so I have another blog that I have been giving attention to, obviously more than this one. I am a person who has ALWAYS had more irons in the pot than I have hands to stir them with! This is OKAY! (I tell myself that, often).

I finally came to a way that may be easier and more sensible for me to still keep BOTH!!! YAY!

When I named Graceful Acceptance, it came from the fact that in a time in my life, I had to learn to grow older/wiser with as much grace as I could. I needed to accept that life and passing of time was totally out of my control. When I decided to stay true to my own beliefs and disregard what others may think, I began a new and more refreshing journey than I ever thought to be possible. I had struggled with things like deciding to keep putting colorants and chemicals in my hair, just so I wouldn't have more grey than all of my older sisters or deciding NOT to suffer through the allergic reactions, smells and dread of the job of covering my head with all that junk and sitting in it for thirty plus minutes while my skin burned and I breathed those nasty fumes. I was doing this every other month because my grey is very determined to shine! Well, I have long since become my husband's "silver fox" and I am not at all bothered by sitting next to anyone who may be still struggling. (Like nobody can tell that color is not real)!

I think it is sad and I don't understand how people can become obsessed with Hollywood glitz and glamor to the point they feel such a desperate need to change what God blessed them with in the ways that are not at all natural. It all became such huge industries that even in small towns, it is apparent people have lost sight of pure & natural beauty.


Okay so on beyond the 'appearance' issues. I have always been a lover of nature and have a high regard for God's creatures and our borrowed earth. I know that there is everything in nature that God provided for us to sustain our lives. This is what I am thankful for!

Therefore, Graceful Acceptance will become the place for my healthy living and natural sustainability journey where I can share my work toward promoting our honey bees, organic food networks, essential oils and herbs and how I use them and all things that help with living free of chemically ridden products that are reeking havoc on our bodies and our environment.

I really don't mind if you want to call me a hippie. I was actually born in the early sixties and grew up around a lot of hippie people doing a lot of hippie things. It was a great era!

So please bare with me while I slowly but surely load content on this side of my blog activities as I continue to share the world as I know it. I will be back and forth between Graceful Acceptance, and another with plans to eventually link.

Until next time, please find a spot in nature, sit quietly and just appreciate your surroundings!






No comments:

Post a Comment