Thursday, August 15, 2013

Nostalgic Photos

I've changed the header above several times in the past few days. I think I may keep this one at least until I have more time to play with the graphics programs. The photos are my own. I think the old doily and baby shoes against the barn wood and box gives me the feel of the nostalgia that I'm looking to share.

Yesterday morning, I spent the first four hours after and during my coffee-time, baking oatmeal cookies, peanut butter cookies and a chocolate pudding cake. While the oven was on, I wanted to get as much done to share with family members that I will be seeing this weekend. Even if I wasn't visiting, it always seems a bit of a weekend-time-saver, if I get some of the cooking out of the way ahead of time. The temperatures have been in the mid fifties at night and upper seventies in the daytime, so with that chill in the air, I do get in the mood for sort of "nesting" activities.

Grandkids in Mo. started their first day of school for this term. The year will finish out quickly, I'm sure. Before we know it we will be planning Thanksgiving & Christmas as it seems once school is in session, it all goes so fast.

I'm so anxious to meet some of you who have the same interests. 

No comments:

Post a Comment