Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Desert Sun

The heat and drought still prevails over the vegetation here in the mid-west. I quit watering long ago for fear that our well would dry up, so it feels like we are vacationing in the Southwest or somewhere. Thank God the humidity has been tolerable. It is horribly sad to see the plants and flowers wither. I put a lot of heart and soul into the gardens just because I love doing it. There comes a time when you just have to realize certain things are out of our control. "To Everything There is a Season..."

As soon as I feel satisfied with my latest decorative painting project, I will post pictures. A friend of mine looked at it today and said that she loved it the way it is. I am obviously more critical than she so feel the need to touch some areas up before I sign my name to it and apply a sealer. It does feel wonderful to get a paint brush back into my hands. I can hardly wait to start another project already.

Aside from the painting, I am still sewing some stockings and am working on some throw pillows for the newly covered couch and chair in my living room. I'll be happy to have guests over now that everything is looking a bit fresher!

Hoping all is well out there.
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment